NLLEA 2018 Workshop Proposal Submissions:
The 2018 Conference Committee is looking for presentations that encapsulate the themeAlcohol Law Enforcement: Managing Public Safety in the Changing Tides of the Alcohol Environment. The Committee is interested in seeing workshops that highlight, but are not limited to:
- Approaches taken to changing expectations or added responsibilities of alcohol law enforcement agencies and the outcomes of those changed policies and approaches;
- Policy changes and expectations surrounding regulation and enforcement of the three-tier system – how the changing landscape is influencing the allocation of resources, staffing, and training;
- The use of data to identify problem areas and/or recurring issues when prioritizing the use of law enforcement resources;
- Local and state law enforcement partnerships and outcomes, especially when addressing changing priorities and expectations; and
- Innovative law enforcement strategies that have shown promise for reducing crime and improving public safety.
All workshop proposals must be submitted online and received no later than Friday, April 20, 2018.
Guidelines for Workshop Proposals
- Presenters should plan to present a workshop of 60 – 75 minutes in duration.
- There should be no more than three presenters for each workshop.
- Workshops should be engaging, interactive and focused.
- Workshop presenters should allow approximately 15 minutes for questions and answers.
Proposals must contain the following information to be considered for inclusion in the 2018 conference:
- Workshop title
- Names and titles of all presenters
- Full contact information (mailing address, phone numbers, and e-mail address) for all presenters
- Short biography of no more than 75 words for each presenter
- Abstract of the proposed workshop’s content (no more than 150 words)
Proposals may be submitted online at www.nllea.org/conferences/workshop.htm
. Notification regarding proposal acceptance will be sent in early May. For those workshops that are approved, each presenter will pay half the registration fee.